Sunday, July 12, 2009

That was very frightening.

Sigh. We need to move, seriously. Why has our apartment complex gone completely down the tubes into crappyville? Could it be because whatever units are not rented magically become government subsidized low income housing? Perhaps. Not that I'm saying all people who need low income housing are trouble, but the ones here surely seem to be. Whatever.

So I was in bed, sound asleep (WHY do these things always have to happen in the wee hours of the morning??) when I was awoken by some woman screaming bloody freaking murder. I am not exaggerating. It sounded like she had managed to get to a window and started screaming, "HELP ME HELP ME OH GOD SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE" as if her life depended on it. We have really good accoustics here and it echoed throughout the courtyard, I'm sure the entire complex heard it. Shortly after the screaming began, a window slammed shut and the screaming became very muffled, then stopped.

My first instinct was to charge, so I dove out of bed, grabbed my robe and my phone and stomped out my door, ready to find out what the hell was going on and put a stop to it. However, apparently I am somewhat slow and uncoordinated after being jolted awake at 3:30am, so in the time it took me to get decent and grab my stuff, several people had already done so in a shorter amount of time, and they were charging instead. Ok with me.

My neighbor called the police, last I checked they were still here talking to everyone. I can't tell what's going on since I haven't gone back outside--I figure I can't tell them anything more than they've heard from everyone else. But I am absolutely terrified that someone is being hurt, raped or killed. I have never heard anyone scream like that before, ever. I know there's not exactly a lot the police can do if they get here and it's quiet, but part of me wants to beg them to ram down the door of whatever apartment it is. What if whoever was terrorizing this girl managed to shut her up and is now doing horrible, unspeakable things to her?? This is what's going to keep me awake.

Ok well, looks like the police are gone now. Maybe they found the woman, hopefully she's ok. I certainly pray she is. So, uh, yeah...anyone know of anyplace that allows pets and will be available to rent in December???

5 comments:

wisp said...

That's really scary! I've found the low-income govt. housing to be bad news the places we've lived, as well... I hope the woman is okay. We are looking to move as soon as we can, too.

Petey said...

Good luck with that. And remember, if scary shiz-nit goes down, you're always welcome...

kajsia mccoy said...

did you ever find out what happened?
You should come buy! #218 is open. :)

Jiles The Great said...

No, I never did find out what happened. I'm sure if someone died it would have been on the news--but I'm afraid what happened to her was far worse. :-(

emms _b said...

Thank you my friend. i am happy to be back and i am glad that you still like me! YOU ARE COOL!