Thursday, November 12, 2009

Unconditional Love

I need a vacation. I haven't had a day off from work (well, except for the usual weekend) since July...and I'm not one of those people who can work for months at a time without taking a break. I'm burned out, and it's starting to show. I've started to hate Mondays with a firey passion, I'm not very patient with customers even when they're not yelling at me, I'm significantly less social than usual when I'm at the office...and co-workers whom I typically don't mind are starting to drive me insane (I swear, I don't think I can handle listening to one more person bitch about having to answer the phone...you work in a call center people, that's the only thing in your job description!!!). Not good...really not good. Fortunately, Thanksgiving is coming up in a couple weeks and then I'm taking a day off to move (not exactly relaxing, but not being at work either)...so I just gotta hold out.

However...when my shift is over and I finally get to come home, there is something that makes it all better: a happy reception from this guy:

I can't tell you how much better it makes me feel to walk in the door and see that my black fuzzy furball is so happy I'm home. He circles my legs while I set down my purse and hang up my jacket, and after I pick him up his happy purrs melt away the day's frustrations...I've been gone for the past 9 hours and he's missed me. There's little in the world that makes me feel more special.

3 comments:

LyndiLou said...

I hope Thanksgiving comes quickly and that you love your mini break! :) *hugs*

wisp said...

I know exactly how you feel about the kitty love. :) When I'd get home from hours of lab work he'd swim around on the carpet until I'd pick him up and hug him and bury my face in his furry shoulders. And I'd take a deep breath and feel the stress melt off. I'm really glad Michael Jackson is there to take care of you. :)

kajsia mccoy said...

meow! what a good friend that michael is.