Saturday, October 16, 2010

The First One

Yesterday was a pretty cool day, because I got to do something that for a while, I never thought I'd get to do. There's been an envelope sitting in the bottom drawer of my dresser for almost 3 years now...see, the last time I was fortunate enough to get pregnant, Jacob and I thought the perfect way to tell our families was for him to give me a gift card to a maternity clothing store for Christmas. But then I lost the baby in November, so the gift card went into the drawer where I told myself it wouldn't stay for very long. As you all know, I was quite incorrect.

However, yesterday I finally allowed myself to open that drawer, take out the envelope, and open it (BIG SMILEY FACE). If anyone missed the facebook announcement, I am pregnant. The in vitro worked beautifully and we're expecting twins...I just started my second trimester (for those of you not familiar with pregnancy lingo, that's 14 weeks...3 months along) and I'm due April 14. It's taken a while to sink in, but now after a few trips to the doctor, 3 ultrasounds (one of the awesome things about being pregnant w/twins is that I get to have an ultrasound at every doctor's visit to check on their heartbeats), and my pants getting extremely uncomfortable, we've accepted that this blessing is actually real.
.
And yes, my pants getting too tight was the reason for me to finally open that envelope. My sister was kind enough to take me shopping so I can begin piecing together my pregnancy wardrobe. Thank goodness for maternity pants, I am so much more comfortable now.

Anyway, so that's our big news. And thanks to popular demand (ok, only one person demanded it...this is for you, Cajsa!), I'm posting my first (of many, I'm sure) pregnancy belly picture. I swear, I was NOT this fat yesterday. Jacob says it's because the babies are happy not to be squished any more thanks to my new pants and have spread out into the additional space. And yes, I should probably switch to maternity shirts too, but I'm wearing my regular ones as long as I can get away with it haha. :-) Anyway, here you go...enjoy!

5 comments:

wisp said...

I am so so happy for you. :) I actually think this is the happiest I've ever been for anyone. And I'm so excited about twins! How wonderful! Let me know if there's anything you need from me. :) *hugs*

Cajsa said...

Yaaay! yayyayyay! more pictures! all the time! weekly updates! so excited! probably need to be less excited and remember that these babies are not mine! also, OMG, I am going to run out of patience waiting for them by, about, tomorrow, so uhm, the whole "are we there yet?!" nagging will commence shortly. yaaay for babies!

ps. can I name one of them princess leia? stella? skittles?

Jennifer Bowman said...

Julie!!

3 things:

1. SO SO SO thrilled for you!

2. Your tummy is darling

3. I cannot imagine how even MORE massive your knockers are going to get!!! :) :)

So happy for you friend.

*LyndiLou* said...

YAHOOOOO!!! *:D* I'm so super happy for you! Congratulations 1 million times! :) What do you need for your little ones? Anything? Everything? Just tell me! I'm SO excited for you!

kajsia mccoy said...

BABIES!!!!!