Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Um, yeah...

Once upon a time there was a huge slacker who failed to update her blog for a really long time...

...hello friends...

So, I don't really have anything in particular to say, but I feel lame for not posting anything for a while and decided to rectify that this morning. Of course, since nothing really has been going on lately, there's not much to discuss...

First things first, seen any good movies lately? Since I basically go every Sunday, I can say that I've seen lots of movies lately, though not all of them have been good. Here's the recap:
Slumdog Millionaire-for the first time in years, I can actually agree with the academy for the winner of best picture. I cried, I laughed, I was disgusted and I was touched. I thought the storytelling was amazing and the presentation was beautiful.
Escape to Witch Mountain-I so wanted to love it, I did. But alas, it was just another action movie starring The Rock (whom I love...and I guess he just goes by Dwayne Johnson now...). I really thought the focus was centered way too much on the action/fight sequences and not enough on the characters, which is what made the original such a favorite of mine when I was younger. Perhaps I had expectations that just couldn't be met.
I Love You, Man-Pretty funny, although I was expecting a few more laughs out of it than I actually got. I will say the film has something for everyone (well, as long as you're not a small child...): it's got the very crass humor yet the sweet sentimental stuff. And if you're a Rush fan, they're in there too.

Anyway...what else, what else. I dunno. Jacob is still flying, I'm still working, the cats still sleep most of the day and we don't have plans to change any of that in the near future.

Ok well, I'm obviously not feeling extremely creative today, so I'll work on that...until next time...

3 comments:

kajsia mccoy said...

I still love you. i have nothing to say about my life either.

wisp said...

I missed you!

Anonymous said...

You are still awesome. There is something to be said for having a boring life. Enjoy it while it lasts!!