Saturday, March 28, 2009

Festival of Chaos...I mean Colors

So today we went to the Festival of Colors out at the Hare Krishna temple in Spanish Fork. We used to go every year, until 2 years ago when it was so crowded I vowed never to go back because I really don't enjoy gigantic hordes of people, particularly of the zoobie variety (uh, no offense to any current or former zoobies). However, Jacob is writing an article about it, so I decided to be a supportive wife and go with him, even though I knew there would surely be even more people than the last time we went. Boy was I right. Observe:

Yeah, guess you can't see very well but in that second pic the whole hillside is covered in people, not to mention the ones up in the balcony of the temple. Yikes.

ANYWAY, it wasn't all bad...they have fun animals, which is where I actually preferred to spend my time.

One thing I will say for the event, is that it was pretty cool to watch thousands of people throw a bunch of colors into the air all at once...

So all in all, I guess I can say it was worthwhile. :-)

4 comments:

wisp said...

Yipe! That's a ton of people! I'm sorry I had a fever and we couldn't go with you guys. We'll have to make fun of zoobies some other time. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

That color throwing was pretty cool....glad I got to see it on video instead of in person (though I was at work anyway....)

Jennifer Bowman said...

HAHA hilarious. My parents went to watch my brother do the "gong" and said the same thing...festival of Chaos!!"

kajsia mccoy said...

i love those animals.