Thursday, October 9, 2008

Things You Probably Don't Really Care That Much About

So this morning I was hike, hike hiking along when I stumbled across yet another tarantula. This one was not as big as the first one, but every bit as creepy. The way they move totally wigs me out...they're like, "I'm cooooommmmming for youuuuuuu!" GROSS. But anyway, it got me thinking--I really need to update my blog, since the last post was about that tarantula we saw forever ago. I don't have anything super exciting to talk about, but what the hell, let's have a brain dump, shall we? Here goes. :-)

Hiking: For everyone's information, today I set a new personal record for how fast I am able to drag my sorry butt up to the top of the "Y" and back down again--now I can do it in 49 minutes flat. Before you know it I'll be running up as well as down (there are actually people who do that, it's true...I've seen them with my very own eyes...and I'm very jealous of their abilities). Go me.

Federal Aviation Administration: STUPID. Due to their inability to complete even the most simple of tasks, Jacob now has to wait another month (at least) to get his medical certificate cleared. Yeah, they lost the updated application that we both faxed and overnighted to them... Fedex and everything, yup. Morons. Someday I want to go work for a government organization where I will be motivated to do absolutely nothing with any sense of accuracy and within no time frame whatsoever, so I can leave people hanging on the fate of their career choice for months at a time. Should be very fulfilling.

Jobs: Still got mine, thank goodness. I laid off Jacob yesterday though (no, they did not ask me to deliver the news myself--I offered after my supervisor pulled me aside and told me she was gonna do it--I figured it would be better if it came from me, since Jacob kinda hates her...), so hooray for our income being cut in half. Haha no really, we knew it was coming since Jacob was hired for the summer only. He disliked the job anyway, so he was actually relieved...it was harder on me than it was on him. Why? Well, I really liked having him around, it was fun. But mainly it was because it was a reminder that no one at work has any loyalty to me--ah, the lies. I won't go into details. I will just say that I find it interesting to watch people lie to my face without even realizing they've just revealed their untruths.


Friends: On a bright and happy note, I have been fortunate enough to spend some time with good friends lately and yes Cajsa, I snagged this picture off your facebook hehe. My head looks really big, doesn't it? Well, in my defense, I was closer to the camera than they were, since I was holding it. Anyway, thanks to my dear friends Peter and Cajsa for being amazing people--I love that time can never touch our friendship. I am always so happy to find that it doesn't matter how long it's been since we've seen each other (either we need to move to Sweden or Cajsa needs to move here), we can still laugh and talk as though no time has passed. That's when you know you have good friends, I think. So I love you guys. And Raquel, I love you too--I will always be your wingman (or wingwoman...?), thanks again for lunch, I will get it next time!!

Politics: To my conservative friends, feel free to skip this part. I don't apologize for my views, or for anything said here...but I don't want to offend, that is not my purpose. Anyway...please, oh please let it be over. November cannot come fast enough. Although my vote is essentially null and void because I live in Utah and Obama doesn't stand a chance of winning here, I will still go and do my duty as a citizen. But it's gotten to the point where I can't even watch the news any more, because they frequently put her on there, and wow, the thought of Sarah Palin anywhere near the white house terrifies me. I'm not saying she's unintelligent (although I do frequently refer to her as "Sooooooooooooo stupid!!!"), and I will readily admit that she has potential to be a very strong player for the Republican party--I'm saying she makes Obama look like the most experienced politician in the world. Seriously. She needs to take a few more years to wisen up to the ways of Washington. The Katie Couric interview kills me, it's so painful to see her repeatedly stumble over her own words and further prove that she is in way over her head. Her foreign policy stems from the fact that Alaska is neighbor to Russia and Canada and sometimes those damn Putin airplanes come into our airspace??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? And I know she's only the VP candidate, but here's the thing--McCain has had not one, not two, but FOUR bouts of cancer. While he has been pronounced healthy at the present, cancer is an ugly, ugly disease that can strike at any time, and his track record is extremely poor. If he croaks in office, the thought of Sarah Palin stepping up as our commander and chief terrifies me to no end. When Iran proceeds with its nuclear weapons program, what's she gonna do?? "Well, dagnabbit Mr. Ahmadinejad, don't you bring your planes into our airspace!!!" No, no...this cannot happen. Obama may not be the man to fix what Bush has done, but I have hopes that he can at least keep it from getting much worse--whereas I truly fear that if McCain and Palin get elected, this country will see more disaster than it's seen in decades.

Ok, that's enough for one day. I have to get ready for work now, so you are all spared from any more dumpage of my brain. Until next time...I bid you good day.

3 comments:

kajsia mccoy said...

Um... what about sisters? who are also friends. You and petey and cajsa are cool and cute.

Anonymous said...

I second Kajsia. Yeah for us sisters....

Sorry to hear about the EXTENDED wait for Jacob...I second your "stupid".

As for politics...I have mixed feelings. Your points are valid. This country is in a precarious state and I'm frankly not sure if ANY of them can fix/change/improve it. What I really want to know is if Obama does get elected (and he very well may) is he going to raise our taxes through the roof? Because frankly that would SUCK.

Jiles The Great said...

There's always the risk of any president raising our taxes, unfortunately (what was George Sr.'s slogan? "Read my lips, NO NEW TAXES" and then he raised them anyway)--and I did see something the other day about Obama's plan to raise taxes for any family grossing over $250K a year (which will never include Jacob and I--you and Jeremy, it could I suppose). What I really hope he does is reverse all those stupid tax breaks that Bush gave to the rich people!
Bottom line is, I don't claim Obama to be the presidential "prize," I just think he's a far better option than McCain...and heaven forbid Palin.