Sunday, November 30, 2008

Brain Dump

So I have a lot of little snippets to comment on today. Hooray for brain dumping!

-I have learned that I am not unlike a small child when it comes to having to sit still & be quiet. Haha I'm really not so good at it. Every weekend (starting Thursday night/Friday morning) poor Jacob works from 1:30am to sometime between 9 & 11:00am. This means, of course, that he sleeps late into the afternoon--depending on what time he gets off, usually until at least 5:00. Since I have the weekends off, this means I am home all day. I try SO HARD to be quiet, but I've found that oftentimes when I'm attempting to be quiet I end up being louder than I otherwise would have been. My poor husband.

-Twilight is better the 2nd time you see it, I've decided. Especially if you brace yourself for the stupid cameo and just ignore it. Totally makes it better.

-Did you know if you stop working out for a month and then start up again, this time throwing in some yoga and pilates, you're probably going to be really sore for like, an entire week?

-I went into sentimental mode and rented Return to Oz from Netflicks, as my siblings and I used to watch it frequently when we were younger (although not as much as we watched The Chipmunk Adventure or Bedknobs and Broomsticks...). Dude, I had forgotten how wacked out that movie is! It's like The Wizard of Oz became a crazy drug addict and spawned an insane sequel. So awesome! We also noticed that the girl who plays Dorothy is the same actress who plays Adam Sandler's girlfriend in The Waterboy.

-Robot Chicken: Starwars II is hilarious. I'd put the link to it (on YouTube) so you all can see for yourself, but the guy who posted it said he's taking it down tomorrow because they got on his case for copyright infringement or something. Too bad. I love Robot Chicken. Seriously, Seth Green is a genius.

-Sometimes Facebook is a blessing and a curse. I mean, I love it for the simple fact that I am a huge gossip (yadda yadda, I know it's naughty but I do it all the same) and I love being able to see what people are up to without having to actually talk to them. And I know people have added me to their friend list for the same reasons. For the record, I do pride myself on only adding people who I'm actually friends with, but if someone requests to add me I usually let them even if I feel it's a stretch. ANYWAY, so today I was perusing about and noticed that one of my "friends" had posted some pics. Now, I always thought this girl hated me--she dated my high school boyfriend's best friend and was never very friendly to me at all--so imagine my surprise when she added me. So anyhoo, I'm browsing through her pics when I see a familiar face. "Hmmm" I think as I click to see the next one. Then my heart takes a momentary pause followed by thunderous pounding as recognition kicks in. There, in her pictures, is my ex boyfriend. NOT the one from high school. No, this is the one I dated a few months before meeting Jacob...the one I now "lovingly" refer to as Psycho (cuz boy, was he ever!). TOTAL deja vu, completely took me back--there he is, his stupid face grinning next to hers and oh, his best friend is there too. Looking through the pics was so very strange because I'm sure that had we taken photos when all of us were hanging out, they would have looked very similar. CREEPY, huh?!?!?! I'm thinking I'll go ahead and remove her from my friend list...thus avoiding accidentally stumbling across his ugly mug ever again. :-)

-Last but certainly not least, I have successfully beat Guitar Hero on medium mode. Not so sure I'll be able to beat it on hard mode...when they throw in that 5th button I'm a total mess.

Ok well, I'm sure there's more, but we gotta take off for Sunday dinner at the parents' house. Until next time...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya on the "being quiet" thing...hence why we have fans in every room. If not, I swear I'd wake up every 15 minutes.....

Laughing at your "soreness". I'm sure I'll be feeling your pain soon. Gettin' back on the wagon tomorrow (which means I'm eatin cookies tonight....)

We should do a 5K together in the future.....

Nathan said...

Good job on Guitar Hero, that's one of the reasons I was at Walmart way too early on Friday; we got the three pack (1,2, and 80's). So I've been playing a bit more the past few days so we could unlock all the songs before we take it to Colorado for Christmas and I've been trying hard and expert a little... I suck! I did however manage to beat a few on hard and one on expert! It was mostly luck, but I'll take the credit anyway.

kajsia mccoy said...

just block her. I will never understand facebook.