Thursday, November 20, 2008

Wedding Receptions

Things I Hate About Wedding Receptions:
  • Having to talk to people I don't know and whom I'll never see again
  • Wearing a dress and heels for way longer than I'd care to
  • The incredibly cheesy music playing in the background
  • People asking me if I have kids, and when I say no, them informing me that I should have them soon because I'm "really missing out"
  • Seeing my brother-in-law come without my sister because she refuses to be around the family, and feeling responsible even though logically I know it's not my fault
  • Cleaning up after it's over

Things I Love About Wedding Receptions:

  • Seeing important people from my life whom I haven't seen in forever, like the sweet old lady who taught me how to play the piano
  • Showing off my husband to...everyone
  • My ex-boyfriend's father coming up to me just to see how I've been and to tell me that I am still his favorite out of all his son's girlfriends
  • Seeing that the people who used to think they were better than everybody else have gained just as much weight (or more) as the rest of us
  • Chocolate-dipped pretzels
  • Reminiscing about my own wedding
  • Seeing my brother-in-law, even without my sister...because it's been 5 years
  • Hanging out with my photographer friend when she's not busy snapping pictures
  • Watching a 22-year old guy befriend my grandma by talking to her about Peter, Paul & Mary
  • Seeing my sister and her new hubby look so happy

All in all, I think it was a good night. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someone really said that to you about not having kids??

DANG THEM.

Seeing Steve again was like traveling back in time....

Karin's choices are not your fault. But it still sucks.

Funny,it made me think about my wedding too...my first one.

Kajsia and Mike DID look very happy. I'm so glad.

Petey said...

I second Maureen's statement about your sister. And frankly, Karen must be seriously miserable if she's so consumed by her own anger and issues to not show up.

Anyway, hope it was fantastic, give Kaj my congrats!!