Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Updates and Pet Peeves

Hello people. Yesterday I was at lunch w/a few of my close friends, and one of them commented about how I don't really update my blog that much (that's right, you know who you are... ;-)), so I thought I'd better write something haha. So here are my updates/thoughts this morning:

Work: I'm now back to my favorite 5:30pm-2:00am schedule. I'm not being sarcastic, I love this shift. I have all day to get stuff done, and then when I go to work it's only busy for half of my shift and then I basically get to enjoy 3 to 4 hours of peace and quiet. So nice.

Home: It's really hot and our swamp cooler is no Rocky Balboa if you know what I mean. We've taken to sleeping on top of the covers with a fan blasting directly into our faces. So that's slightly annoying. But on a happy note, the hummingbirds are back and have been frequenting our feeder, which is always fun to watch. The cats especially love it. :-)

Babies: Still don't have any. But I have a new doctor (since my other one died, if you recall...) who is very aggressive and I appreciate that. I take a lot of pills with some really funky side effects, but I won't complain about that because it's a pretty small price to pay. I will say though, no menopausal woman has anything on these hot flashes. WOAH (too much info??). And then there's the whole vision thing--my night vision has gone all crazy and if there's not enough light I tend to see double, which can be slightly freaky. But again, not complaining, and hopefully I will see some results one of these days. That would be nice.

Movies: We saw Star Trek this past weekend, which I originally didn't really want to see. But after reading the reviews, I changed my mind. It was actually really good, even if you haven't had much exposure to the TV show. So I'd recommend it.

And lastly, my Pet Peeve of the day: I think it's lame when you post a bunch of pictures on your facebook of you and your significant other grinning at the camera...and NOTHING ELSE. Sure, put a few pictures up of you guys being happy and in love, but we don't need to see 100 of them (literally). That is only something I'm willing to look at when people are actually engaged, and if said pictures are in actuality their engagement pics. No wannabe photos please.

Until next time...see ya.

3 comments:

wisp said...

Ah, Jiles, you are hilarious.
I'm actually starting to like John's late hours, too. If we need to go to the bank together or something, he actually can without taking time off (he used to work from 6 am to 7 pm without a lunch - I wonder why the company went under).
And I agree about the annoying pictures. Yay, they're happy, but what else? ;)

kajsia mccoy said...

i think if you are putting up pictures of you and your sig other on facebook- YOU NEED TO GET A LIFE

Anonymous said...

WHAT?? I can't post a million pics of myself? Who am I kidding....I hardly post pics at all. :)

Glad to hear you are doing well...except the whole vision thing. Crazy.