Monday, March 22, 2010

Enchilada

Remember a few posts ago when I "wrote a letter to my co-worker" about him being super loud and annoying? Yes...well...he is no longer employed here (SCORE!), much to my ears' delight. But that's not why I'm writing (and before you go thinking I'm a horrible person for being happy about someone losing their job, I'd like to clarify that he's still selling security systems for the company, he's just not working in the corproate office any more...so he's not out on the street with no money).

ANYHOO, moving on to the point...on my lunch break tonight as I was eating my Lean Cuisine enchilada, I found myself talking to it (not out loud, mind you...) and suddenly realized that I have a weird quirk where I tend to compose letters in my head. Seriously, I do it all the time. These "letters" range from observations I make about the people around me to the inanimate objects I tend to talk to (come on, I bet if you think about it you'll realize you talk to things way more than you'd care to admit...). So in an effort to post on a more regular basis and because I think it's funny, I'm going to start sharing these brain letters in between my other rants about politics (yay health care reform!), my moral high horse (let Constance take her girlfriend to prom!), pictures of my cats, infertility updates (nothing yet), etc. And what could be more appropriate than starting out with the letter I wrote to my dinner?
Ahem....


Dear Lean Cuisine Enchilada,
You came out of the microwave smelling a lot like plastic, you burned the inside of my mouth (ok, that one was probably my fault), I am very suspicious about the contents of this torilla as I have never had an enchilada that tasted even remotely close to how this one tastes, and I have a feeling my tummy is going to hurt later. However, I would like to say kudos on the sauce, and I guess that for a supposedly healthy frozen dinner, you taste ok.
Love,
Julie
Yeah, I suppose I'm a little nuts...but it keeps me entertained (and hopefully it will entertain some of you as well).

1 comment:

kajsia mccoy said...

you are nuts! lean cuisine's are a hit and miss. i haven't had that kind, but i think you are a brave soul to try it.