Thursday, April 22, 2010

Tragedy...

I was on facebook last night and noticed a few of my friends had posted a request for everyone to pray for the husband of their friend who went missing while hiking in Hawaii last week. This friend of theirs is a girl I went to junior high and high school with...I wouldn't say she and I were friends, but she was in some of my classes, we did a play together, etc...so I definitely can say I know who she is.

Well...I checked the local news websites tonight to see if there was any kind of follow up, and it appears they have found his body. It hasn't "officially" been identified as him, but the description of his clothing matches...so...yeah.

Sick doesn't even begin to cover how I feel for her and their son...I cannot fathom what it would be like to lose your husband or father. I pray they will be able to find peace soon.

Crazy how events like this force you to really appreciate what you have.

2 comments:

wisp said...

That is so sad. It is a fear I will always have. My college roommate's husband passed away a year ago very suddenly and I cannot imagine how that would feel. I'll be praying for this family, as well.

LyndiLou said...

Ohhh how awful. I saw that in that paper, but I don't know them. I need to be better at being sensitive to tragedies like that, even when I don't know them directly. Wishing and hoping and praying they'll be comforted through their loss...