Monday, January 31, 2011

The Camera Adds 10 Pounds, Right???

Well kids, as much as I enjoy writing about exorcism and Satanic cults I decided I should post an update about how things are going in pregnancy land (this is for you, Cajsa my dear). I was looking at the other belly pics we've taken and can't believe how big I thought I was because the belly in those pics ain't got nothin' on this beauty. This is probably the ugliest pic of me so far but Jacob is sleeping and I had to use the timer on my camera and I'm too tired to find way to angle it so that I'd look decent. Plus I just really, really don't look awesome these days. Anyway, here you go...here's the belly at almost 30 weeks:


Um, yes, I am gigantic and I'm starting to feel less like a cow and more like a whale...a whale that waddles haha. Surprisingly, I've only gained about 21 pounds so far...and from what I can tell, most of it's belly...a bit in my face and neck, but mostly it's all in my tummy region. At my last appointment my belly was measuring the same size as a woman carrying 1 baby at 34 weeks, and I'm sure it's bigger now.

The further along I get the more amazed I am that women manage to do this more than once (our plan is to not get pregnant again...honestly we can't afford another round of in vitro and we're perfectly happy with 2 kids). I am exhausted because sleeping is a joke and there are a lot of aches and pains I didn't anticipate...my back is killing me (ironically, only when I sit down, if I'm standing it doesn't hurt) and my thigh muscles are really, really sore. And don't even get me started about how much it hurts when my son decides to nestle himself up inside my ribcage. ;-) Everyone tells me it's worse for me because I'm carrying 2 babies so I'm already bigger than some women ever get, and I won't lie, it is a challenge. I can't imagine doing this multiple times and think it would be so hard to be pregnant and have your other kids to take care of, I'm so grateful that I can sit and put my feet up when I need to and not have to worry about anything. So kudos to you, non-first time moms of the world! You have my uber-respect.

BUT...despite all my whining and the discomfort I feel (I promised myself I wouldn't complain because I would be so grateful just to be pregnant...I guess I lied...), I'm still so, so thrilled to be pregnant (and I will be so, so thrilled when it's over!). The boys are doing great--at my last appointment they were both measuring right on track and weigh just shy of 3lbs (baby B, the one who enjoys the comforts of my ribcage, weighs about 2 ounces less than baby A). Their heart rates are fast and strong every time I get to hear them, and they are really active, which is actually something I do NOT find annoying. I find it rather comforting when they kick me because it lets me know they're alive and well. I passed my glucose test (which means I managed not to get gestational diabetes, for those of you unfamiliar with this stuff) and in a couple weeks I'll start going to the hospital for non-stress tests. HOPEFULLY the babies will be here in just about 8 weeks. :-) Crazy fun, right?

So anyway, that's all I can think of as far as updates are concerned. I'll post more as things continue to progress, and next time I'll try to take a belly pic of myself that isn't hideous hehe.

4 comments:

Laura said...

I know you don't think so, but you look fantastic!! I get so excited every time you post new pictures or stories. This just makes my day!

8 weeks! that is bizarre and wonderful all at the same time. I can't wait to meet my nephews!!

Love you!

wisp said...

I am so so happy for you! And look at your tiny hiney! Hey, a big pregnant belly just makes the rest of you look smaller, I say! xD *careful hug so as not to hurt you are babies* I can hardly believe you will be a mom so soon! How exciting! I'd better start burning cds!!!

Cajsa said...

yaaay! thank you for update! I think we should get more of those in the coming weeks. May have to push my utah trip to the other side of that due date, so I can give them a big ol squeeze and maybe kidnap them to new york. lord knows they are the only things small enough to fit in my apt. halleluiah. I miss you guys!!

Jennifer Bowman said...

I know you don't feel it but you look GREAT!! Only 21 lbs with TWINS! I usually gain oh about 40 or so with just 1 in there! haha

I am so excited for you to have these boys, can't wait to meet them!