Monday, January 31, 2011

Ok, I Feel Better Now...

Yesterday Jacob and I went to see this movie...


...which I'm happy to report did NOT totally suck (yay!!). So if you're in the market for a good exorcism movie and you're just as depressed as I was that The Last Exorcism was so awful, you should check this one out. It's definitely not pee your pants scary...in fact, it's not really that scary at all, but it's well done and it will remind you how superb an actor Anthony Hopkins is. One warning for you, it is pretty heavy on the Catholicism (I mean, it's set in Rome for crying out loud). Jacob was not aware of this and wasn't entirely pleased with the intense Catholic dogma. But again, overall it's a good flick, and worth your time.

So I'm definitely feeling better, I have 3 decent exorcism movies I can enjoy. Now if I can just find a horror movie that will scare me half to death... ;-)

1 comment:

wisp said...

>:) This pleases me. I've been wanting to see this! I looove Anthony Hopkins. He made Silence of the Lambs so awesome. A lot of scary movies have a lot of Catholic influence to them - to play to the fears of a large amount of the audience that will see it. (And it stemming from the original Christians historically and all that.) Sometimes that can really kill it for me (like demon footprints that remind me of baby raptor prints... you remember lolz) because I don't believe in the same things, but a lot of times it doesn't make it less scary or enjoyable. =) I'm excited to see it. =>