Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year, New Experiences

Hey all,

So...2011. Crazy. It's going to be an interesting year for us, to say the least. Hopefully a good one.

2010 definitely had its ups and downs...not sure which outweighed the other, getting pregnant was obviously a HUGE event because not only did it mean we'd be adding to our little family, it meant the end of a miserable 4 year ordeal with infertility. So that was definitely a huge victory which kept me from having a mental breakdown...hooray for my sanity remaining intact (contrary to the name of my blog...er, yeah). But then we had to deal with Jacob's flight internship being shut down and the fallout from that...which I now realize I haven't really discussed at all here. It's a long story and I don't really feel the need to go into it but trust me, it wasn't pretty. One thing I WILL say is that it's incredibly disheartening when you see how some people are so willing to toss their intergrity to the side without a second thought about how it will affect someone else just because it's convenient for them. But whatever, onward and upward.

Anyway, 2010 ended with things looking very uncertain for us...while I am still working at the same place (apparently there are always going to be people who want to yell at me haha), Jacob has recently had to quit his job at the small magazine where he's been working since coming home from the flight internship due to his boss freaking out and basically making it impossible for Jacob to continue. You can't work for someone who constantly changes his mind about how he wants things done without telling you (which then leads to all sorts of ridiculous accusations), goes back on his word, and takes out all his personal problems on you. It wasn't really a good source of income anyway...Jacob had hoped the magazine, which had previously been growing, would evolve into something a bit more stable for us, but no such luck. He's been applying for jobs for the past few weeks now but hasn't had much luck...the end of the year is a terrible time to try to find work.

HOWEVER...today he was offered a position writing/designing curriculum for UVU's aviation department. It's only part time, but it pays pretty darn well and would be something that Jacob enjoys...plus it will look great on his resume. When Jacob applied for the position and told me about it, I knew he'd get it...he couldn't be more qualified. Not only does he have his commercial pilot's license, but he has a master's degree in English. They told him he was their first choice, which isn't surprising. He's still waiting to hear from one other job he interviewed for in Salt Lake City, which is full time and pays about the same...I personally want him to take the UVU job. Even though it's only part time, I think he'll enjoy it more and his schedule would allow me to continue working without us having to worry about childcare once the twins are born. Either way, things are looking much better for us on the job front and we're pretty damn excited about that. :-)

So yeah, here's to hoping 2011 is as awesome as I think it will be. I'm sure I'll be posting another belly picture soon...I feel beyond huge but people tell me they think I'm small considering the fact that there are 2 babies in there. I only have about 12 weeks left, it's coming fast. So yeah, good times...I feel pretty good, the babies seem to be rather healthy (they are soooooo active! They're using my bladder as a trampoline as I write this haha...), so I can't complain.

Anyway, I'll keep you guys posted. :-)

5 comments:

Laura said...

Yay Yay Yay!!! I was so happy when i talked to Jacob last night! GOod news! Good year!

Cajsa said...

yay for babies! yay for work! happy new year to all four of you :)

wisp said...

I'm so happy that Jacob has found a good job. :) I think this year is going to be wonderful for y'all. :)

emms _b said...

i am glad you have two babies inside you. and i am happy things are looking up for you and jacob

kajsia mccoy said...

that is exciting! i didn't even know that jacob was offered a job at the grand school of uvu. i am just lost in the wilderness!