Monday, March 7, 2011

Seclusion

Hello everyone.

There are missed calls that haven't been returned, voicemails I haven't even listened to, and emails I haven't answered. I'm still here, I'm still alive, I'm just not really fit for human contact at the present time. I sincerely apologize to all those I've neglected.

The past 2 weeks have been a roller coaster. While the complication of one of the babies being too small is fairly common for twins and somewhat minor, it has led to almost daily doctor's appointments and visits to the hospital for monitoring which have proven to be surprisingly draining for me. One day everything will be fine, the next I'll be laying on the hospital bed sipping Sprite and watching TV when several nurses burst into the room to have me change positions every which way while barking things like, "Page her doctor, prep the OR" at each other which leave me wondering what the hell is going on...until they've stared at the computer screen next to me for a few minutes and declared it was a false alarm.

So, between stuff like that and dragging my butt to work every day, I am exhausted and on edge and don't have any desire to talk to anyone until this is all over.

I'm not throwing myself a pity party, this is what I signed up for and I know that I'm lucky...as far as high risk pregnancies go, I've barely touched the tip of the iceburg when it comes to potential complications. I just wanted to provide an explanation for my lack of contact and also give a heads up cuz it's not going to change until after the boys are born and have been given a clean bill of health.

It will all happen soon enough though...9 days left (SINGLE DIGITS!) unless I go into labor before then (which is entirely possible since I'm now officially 3 cm dilated and contracting...not regularly, but that can always change). I'll try not to write any more less than happy posts...and I'll try to get one more belly pic up for y'all too (it's HUGE haha). In the meantime, please know that your friendship doesn't go unnoticed or unappreciated. I'm just focusing all my energy on making it through the rest of the pregnancy. :-)

4 comments:

Cajsa said...

I'm happy for any and every update! Just happy to know you are still alive. please keep up the blogging as often as you can, is all I ask. lord knows I check in here like 50 times a day ;)
But above all, we all (I'm sure!) want you to be sure you are looking out for yourself and the boys more than anything else (MORE IMPORTANT THAT BLOGGING?! my inner internet addict shrieks), so that they hang tight for another couple days and then come out happy, healthy, and giving mommy and daddy every reason to complain and throw pity parties about 500 diapers a day and 15 minute increments of sleep. Complain all you like; no one will ever doubt that you are infinitely grateful and happy about the miracle that these kids are. Am sending you all my love, good vibes, happy thoughts, empowering mojo, and so forth.

but, you know, if you could throw up a proverbial bone in the form of a giant-belly-pic, I, for one, would be pretty giddy :)

love you, and Skittles!!!!

Jennifer said...

I think you should find that Emily Dickinson video we filmed back in the day to help with your seclusion: "Um, I'm in SECLUSION." :) Love ya!

Anonymous said...

You do whatever it takes to deal. This is tough. It sucks...and you deserve a pitty party....a little one at least.

Love you!

*LyndiLou* said...

You are handling things beautifully Julie! :) I appreciate the updates because I just adore you... but know that you'll take care of yourself and your little ones first, and that's perfect. They'll be here soon!