Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Happier News

Ok, so I'm fairly certain that my next several posts are going to be primarily baby-related...mainly because that's basically the focus of our entire life right now. But don't worry, I'm sure I'll get back to ranting about movies, politics and other stuff in no time. :-)

Anyhoo, I just wanted to post briefly with the latest update as far as the twins are concerned. I went to the hospital again yesterday for another non-stress test, and both babies are looking good. Baby B's heartrate was strong and fast, and it didn't dip down like it did last time. Baby A fell asleep so it took a bit longer for his heartrate to spike the way they wanted it to, but after they "buzzed" him (the buzzer is this little thing they put on my belly...it doesn't vibrate or anything, it just makes a buzzing noise and it woke him right up...pissed him off a little bit too, I'd say haha) he cooperated and I was able to go home after about an hour and a half of monitoring as opposed to the four hours I was there last time.

I went to my regular gyno appointment today...they checked me and I'm still dilated 2-3 cm...and they scheduled my induction for St. Patrick's day. :-) Not sure what time yet, and this isn't 100% set in stone...I have another appointment with the perinatologist next week and if he still thinks they need to come out at 36 weeks we'll keep that date. But if he feels it's ok they might try to push it back one more week, which would mean I'll be induced on the 24th (unless of course, I go into labor on my own in which case they told me at this point they won't try to stop it). Half of me says yes, keep them in there as long as possible...the other half of me says PLEASE GET THEM OUT! Haha but either way it goes down, we're excited that it's so close. My shower was last Saturday and we were very lucky to receive lots of very generous gifts...we're feeling confident that as far as "baby stuff" is concerned, we're pretty prepared.

So yeah, there you go. :-) Hopefully the rest of the pregnancy goes smoothly and we don't have any more scares...and as usual, I'll keep you all posted.

5 comments:

Cajsa said...

you do realize right that if they come out on st. patty's you'll have to name AT LEAST one of them Sean and then for the rest of their lives I will be giving them cucumbers.

I'M JUST SAYING.

Jennifer said...

I have to agree with Casja!

Anonymous said...

Oh Cajsa....you wouldn't. Would you?

At least the date will be easy to remember. I know I'm beating a dead bush, but I'm still hoping they let them stay in as long as possible.

Glad baby B is doing better!

Cajsa said...

I'm sorry Maureen, but tradition is tradition. and since the Original Sean-Sean-the-Leprechaun moved to Seattle, the world is yearning for someone to take his place. Sean Jr. should feel honored and lucky. (but of course, I, too, am more than willing to give up on this great opportunity to see the babies hang out inside their mommy for a little longer ;) )

*LyndiLou* said...

Wow... they could both be here with you SO soon! :) I'm excited for you and so happy that they are doing well. :)