Friday, January 16, 2009

I have something to say about that

First of all, have you noticed that the time the sun sets and it gets dark is slowly but surely getting later? I love it, even if I am at work.

A few days ago I was driving and listening to the radio...after all, the two do go hand in hand...and after a commercial I heard David's Cook's voice say, "This is David Cook, and you're listening to 97.1 ZHT." Fully expecting to hear "Light On," I was then greeted with the sounds of Lady GaGa. Now, don't get me wrong, I love songs about being so drunk you've lost all sense of who you are and what you're doing just as much as the next person, but I found it a bit silly that they didn't have David Cook introduce his own song so to speak. Later that night I was again driving and listening to the radio, and I heard "This is Chad from Nickelback, and you're listening to 103.9 the Mix," followed by Leona Lewis. Hmmm. Then just yesterday I heard David Cook promote 97.1 again, and they actually played his song afterwards. I guess there's not a protocol for this and if you're a DJ you just do whatever you want. If I was a DJ, I wouldn't mess up people's expectations like that.

Some people's newborns really do look like aliens, and you have to hide your fascinated awe at how their child truly resembles a martian by saying things like, "Awwwwww, look at your baby!!" Friends, I will never lie to you and say I think your kid's cute if I don't feel that way, so if I have said your child is cute, I meant it.

Speaking of babies, I've been feeling particularly sad about infertility lately. Plus my gyno, who I really liked, croaked and that hasn't helped the process. I should join an online support group or something so it's not so lonely.

Brownies for breakfast...that's just an awesome idea. Although you might feel kind of gross afterwards.

When people say things you think are stupid, you shouldn't lash out and tell them they're full of bull and they're contributing to the downfall of society, because even if you think those things are true, you're probably going to feel guilty about being so rude after you're done mouthing off at them...especially if you do it online...like, on facebook or something.

I hate snow and winter, but last Sunday I learned that if you have someone on a 4-wheeler to pick you up and take you back to the top of the road you just sped down, sledding is one of the most fun things ever.

That's all for now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Harrison just saw that pic of Jacob and said "what's that!"....when I told him who it was he said "grandma's house?"

Apparently he associates everything on our side of the family with grandma's house.

Emailing you new gyno names....today.

emms _b said...

I think that Gollum/alien babies are the worst. It is almost like the have a tint of green in their skin... hahaha. so gross.

kajsia mccoy said...

all i can say is... you still get so sweaty and cold when you sled. But if you like that... that is cool.

Petey said...

Yeah, we need to do that sledding thing again. soon.